An invigorating and revitalising workshop comprised of deep transformational breathing and yoga asana with Dmitry Glazkov, who has been giving workshops on breathing techniques for over 8 years.This autumnal equinox pranayama breath class is an invitation to turn toward the light within.
Pranayama breathwork develops your inner life force in order to promote energy, awaken the mind, and cleanse the body. For thousands of years, spiritual seekers, mystics and yogis have harnessed the power of the breath to enter transformative states of consciousness.
This workshop will empower individuals to play an active role in their own healing, overcome negative emotions and successfully manage stress in everyday life. Using yoga postures you will learn how to put the body in a state of balance so that you can breathe fully and completely, harnessing the breath of life.
Pranayama can help to:
• Oxygenate the body and brain, increasing the body’s PH-levels, making the environment more alkaline
• Boost the immune system • beat stress levels
• Improve sleep
• Naturally increase fertility and overall well-being
• Increase longevity by slowing your breath rate
• Manage addictive tendencies
• Balance your ayurvedic dosha according to your individual constitution and the changing of the seasons
You will experience:
• Yoga postures and physical sequences to prepare your body and activate your lungs
• Effective postures for practicing pranayama and what differences it makes
• Types and ratios of pranayama for your individual practice
• The effect it has on our physical, emotional and energetic body.
• The ways to seal and control the energy and blood flow in the body by applying inner locks (bandhas)
• How to efficiently revitalise and rejuvenate in a short time
• How to take control of stress and avoid burnout
Although pranayama is considered an advanced yogic technique, this workshop is beginner friendly and designed for all levels, as alterations will be given according to the skills and experience of participants. The practice can be adapted for all ages including golden age participants and also for people with mobility considerations.
Price: £25 (contact for concessions)