Welcome to Lotus Leaf ~ humanist yoga classes with Fran Keeley
This is yoga, shared from a humanist perspective. A gentle, meaningful, lifelong investigation into the human condition, using the body as a gateway. Join us for regular weekly practice as a gentle progression from our beginners course - or dive straight in if you feel ready.
- We practice weekly for four ten week terms or 'seasons' a year, consisting of two back to back five week courses. Plus a short five week course in the run up Christmas. There are one or two week practice breaks in between seasons. (Three weeks over Christmas).
- Each season we practice different sequences, offering a balance of repetition and variety - deepening and broadening your yoga experience over time. You're encouraged to take ownership of your practice. So you move at your own pace towards practicing confidently, without the guidance of a teacher.
- Every session includes breath awareness practices, an asana sequence (the physical postures) deep relaxation and a short meditation. You'll leave feeling relaxed and stretched. And you can hold onto that nice tranquil feeling for the rest of your week.
- Variations are offered for all poses, so the sessions are reassuringly accessible as well as enjoyably challenging. You'll just need to be able to sit down and get up from the floor for this class.
- I've studied and delighted in classical yoga philosophy in the course of my teacher training. Still, I don't subscribe to it as a practitioner. I share yoga from a contemporary humanist perspective. Humanism is a non-religious philosophy, based on liberal humanitarian values.
Wednesday: Tuesday: 9.30am-11am / 11am-12.30pm / 6pm-7.30pm / 7.30pm-9pm
Thursday: Tuesday: 9.30am-11am / 11am-12.30pm / 6pm-7.30pm / 7.30pm-9pm