NCT Mother and Baby Yoga is a unique and fun exercise programme designed for mother and baby.
Classes provide a wonderful opportunity for you as a new mother to ease your way back into exercise after the birth of your baby. Each class comprises gentle yoga-based exercises for both you and your baby to do together.
Mums will have the opportunity to do exercises and stretches to:
- strengthen and tone your muscles; especially abdominal, pelvic floor and back muscles
- increase your fitness levels
- regain and maintain a good posture
- provide some vital relaxation
- re-energise and motivate you for the rest of the week
Babies will have the opportunity to experience some yoga and massage especially for them to:
- encourage their reflexes to develop
- enhance their motor development
- increase their awareness of their surroundings
- calm and relax them, helping them to sleep better
Overall the class allows time for the mother and baby bond to develop, enhancing your understanding of your baby and hence increasing your confidence in being a parent.
Music features throughout the class, creating a fun and relaxed atmosphere, re-learn those nursery rhymes and come and join us.
Classes are suitable for you and your baby to attend from six weeks after birth. You need to have had your six/eight week check from your GP and been given permission to restart exercising before attending classes.
I will provide mats but you can bring your own if you wish. You may find it useful to have a small cushion and a blanket as well for extra comfort. Please bring along a blanket for baby to lie on and a favorite toy or comforter.
Sessions end with a chance to have a drink and a chat while you get to know the other mothers on the course. Free parking spaces are available at outside the Community Centre, on the London Road car park, or Overton Hill car park.
Term time in 6-week blocks or book each session from one week to the other.